The “Add to Cart” button on the product page is now accompanied by a link that redirects customers away from the default PrestaShop checkout process. The store administrator can assign a unique link to each product.
Benefits for Merchants:
- Merchants, or store owners, can control flexible sales management by directing customers to the products they need: While some products will be redirected to any URLs, such as Amazon, eBay, or any other custom links, others will remain available for purchase from his regular store (native PrestaShop behavior). For instance, the administrator sets the necessary Amazon link in the PrestaShop product settings because there is no suitable product in the stock of PrestaShop but it is displayed on Amazon. When the user clicks the “Add to cart” button on a PrestaShop product page, they will be taken to Amazon; admin won’t miss the client.
- The merchant (owner of the store) can have additional Shopify or WooCommerce stores, allowing him to relink his primary PrestaShop store with those other stores by directing customers to any pages he requires. It transforms into some sort of multi-market.
- It’s a cool way to save money if a certain product is out of stock in your store but is available in another store, where customers can easily be directed!
- By directing visitors to a landing page with a longer product description, booking form, etc., a merchant (store owner) can determine the market demand for a product.
Benefits for customers
- Customers will not remain without a product that is out of stock; instead, they will have the opportunity to be taken to another store where this product is available;
- If the product is a prototype and the store owner only studies market demand for a product, customers will receive additional information that they should know before making a purchase.
- The store administrator can individually modify, add, or remove each product’s redirect link;
Every item can have different connection, where client will be diverted;
- Connections could be interior (in proportions of your area) or outside (Amazon, eBay, anything you wish);
- The store administrator can add, edit, or delete the redirect link for each individual product:
In the product settings, follow the steps in the “Module” section:
Here administrator is permitted to set any URL he really wants:
- After clicking the “Add to cart” button, the visitor will be taken to the appropriate link, which has been specified by the administrator. Instead of the native PrestaShop checkout page, this link will open:
- Use a FTP client or the Backoffice’s Modules > Add New Module option to upload the module.
- Click Install, then enter the configuration.