PrestaShop 1.7.x – 8.x
Ping Services is a PrestaShop module designed to enhance your shop’s indexing by notifying popular ping services about new products and pages in your store. This speeds up store indexing and improves SEO.
Benefits for Merchants
- Ping services expedite site indexing and boost its visibility in search results.
- New pages and products receive higher traffic and visibility.
- No manual submissions are needed for individual ping services; the module sends bulk pings.
- Your store benefits from automatic fast backlinks indexing by search engine bots.
Benefits for Customers
- Customers can find shop content more frequently in search results.
- Shop and its products become easier to discover due to faster indexing by search engines.
- Backlinks from ping services provide additional promotion for store pages and products.
- Admins can utilize any ping services by adding them to the module settings.
- Admins can notify ping services by selecting necessary products or categories using checkboxes or directly from the product or category page while editing.
- The module sends pings automatically after admin adds new content.
- “Configuration” tab
Adding new ping services:
- Switcher (Enabled/Disabled) – Automatically notifies ping services about new product or page publications.
- Ping services – List of ping services to be informed.
- Save – Save data in the database.
- “Logs” tab
Logs table of ping services:
- Id – ID of the product.
- Name – Name of the product.
- Service – Name of the ping service that was notified.
- Response – Response sent back by the ping service.
- Time – Time when the ping was sent.
- Status – Status of the response.
- Upload the module through the Backoffice (Modules > Add New Module) or using an FTP client.
- Install it and configure the settings.
Ping services directly from the catalog:
Ping sites directly from the product page:
Ping sites directly from the categories page:
Ping sites directly from the edit category page:
Ping sites directly from the pages table:
Ping sites directly from the edit page form:
Attention: If Id is 0 and Name is “Main page,” then ping services were notified about changes to your store’s main page:
Watch the video