Compatible with PrestaShop versions 1.7 through 8.x
Enable seamless login and authorization in PrestaShop through Facebook accounts. Users can also link their Facebook accounts with existing PrestaShop accounts.
Check out our tutorial video
Advantages for Merchants
- Simplify user registration on your site.
- Boost conversion rates for site registrations.
- Effectively promote your store on Facebook through easy authorization.
- Expand your user base with a straightforward registration process.
- Increase order conversions with swift account creation via Facebook.
Advantages for Customers
- No need to input personal data and passwords.
- Streamline order processing with no account creation delays.
- No need to remember login credentials – Facebook authentication is secure and hassle-free.
- User registration and authorization accomplished in just two clicks.
- Create a new store account effortlessly using Facebook authentication.
- User-friendly profile editing anytime, including the addition of email and other details.
- Connect Instagram authentication to any existing store account seamlessly.
- Provide users with the option to unlink their Facebook account from the store.
Setting Up Facebook App by PrestaShop Store Admin
- Visit https://developers.facebook.com and log in to your Facebook account. Click on My Apps in the top-right corner.
- Create a new app by selecting Create App.
- Choose Consumer and click on Next.
- Specify App Display Name for your app and provide the App Contact Email. Select a Business Manager Account if available. Click on Create App ID.
- Click on Set Up in the Facebook Login block.
- Click on WWW button:
- Insert the Site URL of your site, then press Save and Continue.
- Toggle the slider button in the App Mode option to make your app Live:
- Copy both the App ID and App Secret and paste them into the corresponding fields on the module configuration page:
- Upload the module through the Backoffice (Modules > Add New Module) or via FTP-client.
- Click Install and proceed to enter the configuration:
Setting the CSS styles for the button:
- Find the style file here:/modules/facebookauth/views/css/fbauthfront.css
Module Workflow Scenarios:
1. When the user is not logged in and clicks on the “Log in with Facebook” button for the first time on the Login page or on the Registration page:
– After clicking the “Log in with Facebook” button, a Facebook page opens where the user needs to confirm consent to send their data. After confirmation, they will be redirected to their user account on your website.
– A new customer account is created, using the email, name, and surname from their Facebook account. The password is generated automatically (the user can change this data in their account):
2. When the user is not logged in but already has an account on your store and clicks on the “Log in with Facebook” button on the Login page or on the Registration page:
– After clicking the “Log in with Facebook” button, the user automatically logs in and is redirected to their user account on your website.
3. When deleting a customer account:
– If a customer’s account is deleted from the Prestashop store, all links to the customer’s Facebook account will be removed from the database.
4. When changing the module settings on the configuration page in the admin panel:
– All user accesses are preserved when changing “Facebook App ID” and “Facebook App Secret” to other values.